|For some time now, Collins has quietly moved toward being a GREENER manufacturer and a greener corporate citizen.
We don't believe you have to be reminded what this means to our environment, our country, and our economy, but we thought you might like to know some of the green initiatives already taken by Collins:
(1) Utilizing environment & employee-friendly water-based adhesives in our laminating process. No volatile organic compounds or hazardous air pollutants emitted.
(2) Utilizing battery-powered lift-trucks to reduce exhaust fumes and carbon footprint.
(3)Installing energy-efficient T5 flourescent lighting to reduce carbon footprint and costs. (4) Improving yield and reducing waste by using computer-controlled machines; reduces costs and volume going to landfill.
(5) Recycling scrap & excess ferrous & non-ferrous metals, recycling of corrugated waste, pallets, and applicable plastics; reduces volume going to landfill .
(6) Utilizing RE-USABLE blankets to ship customer orders whenever practical, avoiding unnecessary use of natural resources.
(7) Identifying, using, and partnering with suppliers of greener materials, insuring availability for our eco-conscious customers ... see our ENVIRO HYDRAULIC BASE which also carries our 7 1/2 year warranty.
(8) Lowering thermostat settings in winter & raising them in summer to reduce energy consumption and carbon footprint.
(9) Expanding use of eco-friendly paperless communication via email and website.